Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Logically Speaking

1
A man was late to take his 9-year-old son to school. In order to shorten the journey, he made an illegal U-turn at a junction.

He laughed, then said to his son, "Wow! I think I just made an illegal turn! Ha!"

"It should be okay, Dad," said his son, "the police car right behind us did the same thing."


2
A woman walked into a post office, an office clerk noticed the beautiful diamond earrings her husband had just given her.

"Those must be real diamonds," he said.

"Yes, they are," she was thrilled that he'd noticed. "How could you tell?"

"Well," he said, "no one buys fake diamonds that small."


3
At a barber shop, a bald man complains, "How can you charge me with the standard price? You ought to charge me less for I don't have much hair!"

"No, no," the barber replies, "you see, there's less effort to cut your hair, but there's more effort to search for it!"


4
A man went to get his driver's license renewed, the line inched along for almost an hour until the man finally got his license.

He inspected his photo for a moment and commented to the clerk, "I was standing in line for so long, till I ended up looking pretty grouchy in this picture."

The clerk looked at his picture closely, then said, "It's ok, that's how you're going to look like when the cops pull you over anyway."